So I’m sure most of you have seen lots of bloggers doing the "5 things you didn’t know about me post" that’s also a "tag" game. I believe this game was started by Jeff Pulver and it’s been working its way around to so many SEO bloggers that I just can’t name them all….Luckily, Michael Jensen started a tag tree showing the progress of this tag game.
I’ve been tagged by Graywolf, Stuntdubl, SEO4Fun, and SEO Igloo (btw, nice article on What to expect with Custom Web Design).
So here goes my 5 Things you didn’t know about Jim Boykin
1. Ever since Back to the Future came out, I’ve wanted a Delorean Car. I keep watching ebay motors for Delorean’s (range from $14k – $45k)…but so far, all I’ve got is 3 Back to the Future car models….one day. And FYI, I’ve never owned a new car in my life.
2. I keep several bird feeders around the house, and I love watching the birds and squirrels with my 2 year old son Sam….kinda funny since as a kid we used to shoot squirrels behind my house (and eat squirrels too). I later turned into a hippy and don’t believe in shooting animals.
3. Between 93 and 98 I did 4 round trips around the country working mostly in national parks. I’ve been in every state except Hawaii. It was great fun, but I can also think of at least three times when I thought I was going to die during those travels, but luck was somehow there each time and as you can see, I’m still kicking.
4. I collect Famous People’s hair. Check this out. These are displayed in our Board Room at work. During our meetings I feel like we’re surrounded by some of the world greats.
5. I still work at least 80 hours each week….not that I have to, it’s just an addiction. I work at least an hour on the computer before I go to work, I work 8 hours at work, and I work most nights between 10pm and 2am. I sleep between 4 and 6 hours most night. I also work Sat and Sun about 10 hours each day.
I’m going to pull a Rand, and not nominate others…since I’m not sure who’s been tagged and who hasn’t.
“I work most nights between 10pm and 2 pm” Do you mean 2am? 😉
What was your favorite/least-favorite state? (or notable experience)
yea…2am – thanks and fixed.
Favorite state – Alaska. I worked at Denali National Park for the summer of 1994.
Good to know more about you Jim.
Btw, I used to live in Kenai, AK. For about 4 years. Went back up to work for a summer too.
I look forward to getting back up there. Especially want to check out Denali.
See ya at the next conferece!
Didn’t know you were a birdwatcher. My husband and I just went out for a day of birding today and saw not 1 but 5 Great Horned Owls! Also, Northern Harriers, Red-tailed Hawks, Red-shouldered Hawks, Kites, many perching birds and a lifer for us…a Sora. A really great day out. Glad you stopped shooting squirrels!
I enjoyed your 5 things list,
Every state but Hawaii? I assume your saving the best for last. 😉
Maybe you and Mary can come out on a special anniversary and do a second honeymoon. I’ll see what I can do to hook you up & help you avoid the tourist traps.
I know Dave…..I WILL get there someday….and when I do, Mary and I will be sure to stop by.
Hi Jim, and have you ever been to Europe? If yes, tell us where. And at last thanks for your hard work
I’ve been to Scotland and to London…but that’s it for europe. Some time I’d love to take a tour of Europe.
Jim … I would surely die with that schedule of yours. 4 Hours of sleep? 🙂
But I guess this is all being run be your passion and devotedness to the business. Keep up the great job.
Somewhat creepy …which i can respect.
“4. I collect Famous Peopleâ€™s hair. Check this out. These are displayed in our Board Room at work. During our meetings I feel like weâ€™re surrounded by some of the world greats.”
Reminds me of the heads in a glass jar (ala futurama).
Hey Jim, I think you need to get some sleep! Maybe before long you can quit your day job and do internet marketing fulltime. How about five ways to make money on the internet?
don’t want to quit my day job (running an Internet Marketing company – webuildpages.com)
I love what I do…so it’s not really “work”, it’s a fun challenge.
collecting hair > i hope that doesn’t include a nose hair collection
Whose famous hair do you have Jim?
You could have bought mine (could be famous one day =P)
@ Greg: Eww
Heh and I thought working 12-14 hours a day, five days a week was a lot. It was for me, so I cut back to 9-10 hours.
It’d be interesting to hear what you say about doing your own affiliate sites, too (I guess I am heavily underreading this blog, if it was mentioned earlier).
Wow, you have been to every state except Hawaii. Not that is quite an accomplishment. I’ve only been to about 7.
Hmmm….this entire blog is interesting, and nice to see……keep up the good work and fill us in when you get to hawaii.
by the way, I used the Lincoln-Kennedy assassination similarities for a homework assaignment(dont worry, I credited you!) and it really helped. thanks!
Comments are closed.