Earlier this year we have started a new initiative sending our newsletter subscribers regular actionable traffic generation tips
Subscribe to that list here and receive regular tips as well!
To collect more input and inspiration I reached out to the industry peers to learn their most effective traffic building tips!
I got 18 tips worth sharing with the world!
1. Get busy on Pinterest. Just like SEO, only tastier! Brings long term traffic, and builds over time. What more do you need.Get busy on Pinterest. Just like SEO, only tastier! ~@madlemmingzClick To Tweet
Further reading: Pinterest Tips and Tricks for your Website
2. Stop thinking content and start thinking value. Yet another list of 10 ways to do something doesn’t give any value.Stop thinking content and start thinking value ~@Texterra_engClick To Tweet
Further reading: How to Rank Higher in Google
3. Go visual and respect the time of the reader. Life is too short to read boring and repetitive introductions, and the phrase “check it out” basically kills the post as it doesn’t sound motivating.
On the other hand, an interesting picture going with an accurate headline are always catchy, makes want for more and maybe even to subscribe for later news.An interesting picture going with an accurate headline are always catchy~@jone_vasaitisClick To Tweet
Further reading: 20 Sites to Diversify Your Visual Marketing
4. Interview an online influencer and get them to promote it via their social media channels and any other means they haveInterview an online influencer and get them to promote it via their social media channel ~@BrightonCormacClick To Tweet
Further reading: How to Get Your Expert Interview Retweeted Like Crazy
5. Optimise page title and meta description for highest CTR. It’s not enough just to appear in the SERPS – people need to click!Optimise page title and meta description for highest CTR ~@timfelClick To Tweet
6. Combine power of Content (great topics, in-depth), SEO (keywords, backlinks), Social (be everywhere, network) for traffic buildingCombine power of Content, SEO, Social for more traffic ~@RtMixMktgClick To Tweet
Further reading: 5 Steps To An Integrated Approach To SEO-Friendly Content Marketing
7. Blog commenting is great to build traffic. Post indepth comments on high-authority blogs in your industry!Blog commenting is great to build traffic. Post indepth comments on high-authority blogs ~@ErikEmanuelliClick To Tweet
8. Spend time writing a headline which people can’t help but click! After reading the headline people should be excited to read your article!Spend time writing a headline which people can't help but click! ~@zenagencyClick To Tweet
Further reading: How to (Try to) Write a Perfect Headline
9. Collaborate on content with industry peers for them to then help you promote it!Collaborate on content with industry peers for them to then help you promote it! ~@roxanasoiClick To Tweet
- Write an article based on questions that get most engagement in a community and share it with members 1-on-1 on social media.
- Open a thread in a group and ask people their favorite practices + why they do it. Gather answers, write article, share it w/ them.
- Publish reviews/content where you mention several brands. Share with each brand and invite to share w/ their community.
- Contribute on a trending topic on a major website. Create amazing content/visuals that are shareable. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind.
- Create a bridge between communities you’re active on (i.e. @myblogu) & those you own, so users engage with each other and share content.
Further reading: 8 Collaboration Tools to Improve Your Content
10. Make a list of best blog posts on a particular topic. Don’t be shy to use the content of your competitors.Make a list of best blog posts on a particular topic. ~@JaneKryukovaClick To Tweet
Further reading: How to Get Traffic and Links from Blog Roundups
11. Be helpful. I contribute to multiple forums and provide answers to questions when I can. I receive hundreds of site visits through signature links each month from doing so. You can as well.Be helpful. Contribute to multiple forums & provide answers to questions ~@MediaWyseClick To Tweet
Further reading: 6 Ways to Get Traffic from Forums to Your Website
12. Use keywords with search volume that already rank. Find them with @Searchmetrics & @SEMRush or @Spyfu. Optimize with @Moz GraderUse keywords with search volume that already rank. Find them w/ @Searchmetrics, @SEMRush, @Spyfu ~@LukaszZeleznyClick To Tweet
Further reading: 3 Awesome Free Keyword Research Tools
13. Schedule social shares throughout the month for new postsSchedule social shares throughout the month for new posts ~@duggansaraClick To Tweet
Further reading: How to Promote a Blog Post on Social Media
14. Be relative to the question, if you want to be chosen as the one to answer it. Keywords still count!Be relative to the question, if you want to be chosen as the one to answer it ~@DonSturgillClick To Tweet
Further reading: Basic 101Beginner’s Guide to SEO
15. Give value and engage at every opportunity. It makes people curious for more.Give value and engage at every opportunity. It makes people curious for more. ~@SeegerNClick To Tweet
Further reading: Social Media 101
16. Share your content where your fan base is mostly active (for me it’s Twitter and DeviantART). Tag/mention people and use hashtags!Share your content where your fan base is mostly active ~@luanatfClick To Tweet
17. Share your content more than once, esp through Twitter and Reddit. Be sure to mix up you hashtags to reach new audiencesShare your content more than once, esp through Twitter and Reddit ~@EdwinDearbornClick To Tweet
Further reading: 7 Different Ways To Re-Package Your Tweets
18. Smile when you write. People are drawn to smiles, and it does come out in your writing.Smile when you write. People are drawn to smiles, and it does come out in your writing ~@amabaieClick To Tweet
Further reading: 52 more signs that you might be a writer
Are there any tweetable traffic tips you’d like to share? Post them in the comments!