Top Industry News
- Consolidating Content to Futureproof Your SEO
Since the Panda update and refreshes, content consolidation projects have widely undertaken as both to lift... Read more
- Local News Site Linkbait Ideas
We all love linkbait and there's never too much brainstorming there. Therefore I enjoy discovering forum... Read more
- 8 Awesome FREE Social Media Guides to Download
Social media is a helpful tool (some would say a crucial one), but getting a handle on its use can be tricky... Read more
- Can Removing Backlinks Help to Penguin-Recover?
There's an interesting thread over at SEOchat forums discussing the possible ways to recover from the ranking... Read more
- Optimizing Your Logo for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus
Everyone is using social media these days, and that isn't exactly a surprise. It is the number one way to increase... Read more
SEO Tip of the Month
September/ October Google Update Galore
September 27th was a big day in search, lots of movement across a number of verticals.
- Exact-Match Domain (EMD) Update - This was a devaluation but there was also buzz about non-exact domain sites being impacted by this update for short tail phrases.
- Panda #20 - We've moved away from the version control naming of Panda Updates and it is now just called Panda 20.
October Update Madness
- Penguin Update 3 was released - Google tweaked the knobs on the penguin update with a small refresh impacting 0.3% of queries.
- Page Layout #2 - Google released a change to it's page layout algorithm, which debuted in January of this year.
Google Trends Absorbs Insights for Search
Bye bye insights for search and hello new Google Trends, which includes features of both! According to Google,"..updated the line chart and map using HTML5 based Google Chart Tools so you can now load the page on your mobile devices, visualize the results without scrolling..." and more. Check out the new Google Trends here. Read more
Ninja Tool of The Month
Ninja Google Freebase Tool- This is a is a free, collaborative knowledge base that allows commercial and non-commercial users to search for cross-linked data. Google Freebase operates by pulling data from an open and shared database of the world's knowledge composed by its community members. Check this tool out here. This is an awesome tool for finding informational content ideas for link development or other promotional campaigns.
In Other News