Okay, so I’m not promising that this is going to be a weekly thing or that it’s always going to appear on Fridays, but I’m doing it today. And it’s Friday. So welcome to Twitter Talk Friday! 🙂
I spend a lot of time monitoring the conversation on Twitter (and a very, very small period of time participating in it. Because I’m working. Hard. Hi, Jim!) and I’m noticing that it’s often the channel doing the best job breaking interesting news and breaking me into giggles. Jim thought it might be fun to share some of the fun stuff I’ve come across, so here’s a list of all the tidbits I overheard on Twitter this week:
- Eternal PITA Sugarrae found awesome SEO themed comics to put everyone into giggle fits. (And crap. I just lost another 10 minutes of my day going through all those. Again. And giggling into my sweatshirt. Damn you!)
- Eric Lander helped spread the news about Michael Gray’s new ViralConversation Web site that QualityGal has some suspicions about.
- Mashable woke me up to 6 Unusual Entities that Tweet and Multimedia Microblogging for Babies. And really, Pete Mashmore’s face can wake me up any time he wants. Don’t you agree, ladies?
- Our own QualityGal helped spread the word about Wordtracker’s new Keyword Questions Tool, which is so awesome I want to have its babies.
- My friend Michael Dorausch aka Chiropractic provided us with the best SEO tip of the day.
- Kim Krause-Berg told us about 30 Ways to Build A Warm Community Online.
- Edward Lewis talks about how Ask.com may have botched its Jeeves comeback attempt since TheAlgo is actually a car that would make men wet themselves.
- UtahSEOpro let us know the presentations from ScarySEO were finally made available online. Rock!
- Brian Solis wrote about Reinventing Crisis Communication for the Social Web.
- Danzarella taught us about the Viral Preferences of Twitter Users.
- Michael Gray mentioned SEO Tool Quarkbase that I really like. Very cool is that you can put in a domain and find out info on their social popularity. And see when they’re mentioned on Twitter. Neat, indeed.
In fun Twitter Talk:
- DunkinDonuts was spreading the truth: More Americans prefer the taste of Dunkin Donuts coffee over Starbucks. Well, duh?
- Rishil decided to give up SEO for contract killing. I’ve already placed my order.
- Trying to keep California’s Prop 8 decision lighthearted, Loren Feldman commented that lesbian marriage should be called “perfection“, especially if they are hot.
- Kristyann taught us how to play with spiders, ensuring I never sleep again. [Dude, it walks by itself. And then you can drop insects. How many levels of gross can one person handle?]
- And dumb Rebecca Kelley made me tear up like a baby with a single link. Thanks a lot, Becs. [shakes fist]
That’s what I learned on Twitter this week. What interesting or fun stuff did you find? And who are you following that I should add to my list?