This edition of ‘Overheard on Twitter’ Friday comes to you straight from my couch, where I am currently planted while decked out in sweats a neon pink hoodie that happens to have ears on it. Ah, vacation days.
But even though I’m technically “off”, Twitter is not. In fact, Twitter’s been as busy as ever this week. You know the drill by now so let’s just get to it!
- A huge congrats to Ann Smarty, everyone’s favorite SEO tool maven, who gave birth to a baby girl last Sunday. Everyone at We Build Pages sends both mommy and baby tons of stealth ninja hugs. We also think Lisa is a very pretty name for a little girl. I’m just sayin’.
- Ben Cook sent us over to CNN where they referred to Twitter’s response to the devastating Mumbai attack “the day social media came of age“. Some mighty big words right there. Are they right?
- Daniel Dessinger pointed me to the 5 Reasons Why Your Company Should Twitter. Immediacy, influence, reputation, exposure and traffic all make the list. I’d also add “awesome procrastination device”.
- Melanie Phung gave me a giggle calling out Danny Sullivan’s rant on Sphinn spammers. As Melanie says, Danny Sullivan is mad as hell and he’s not going to take it anymore! You go, DSul!
- Danny Sullivan let us know that SEMPO was invited to ring NASDAQ’s opening bell on Monday, Dec. 1. How cool is that? It’s already December!
- David Wallace declared that human flight is getting closer every day. That may be but kitty flight is definitely a long ways off. Poor Jack Jack.
- My former €˜boss’ Susan Esparza shares the history of the TV dinner. Turns out the folks at Swanson were pretty much geniuses. If only we could say the same for Susan. Love you, Boss! 🙂
- Emma Durakis pointed me to an awesomely addicting ninja game. Ninjas are totally taking over the Internetz!
- Jeremiah Owyang showed us how Twitter looked as an idea in someone’s notebook.
- And now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to focus on the really important winter holidays. The ones that warrant us presents! With that in mind, Mashable presents 10 Great Gifts for Bloggers and New Media Moguls. Yes, please!
And now for the giggles:
- The search community was all aboard the giggle train yesterday morning celebrating Thanksgiving from coast to coast. I woke up late to find Chris Hart alerting the world of the Macy’s day parade rickroll, and then a few hours later on the West Coast big and scary Todd Friesen made me laugh when he got a little Santa-crazy.
- Chris Winfield conducted a Twitter poll this week to see if anyone had ever eaten spam before and seems like a disgustingly large number of you actually have. Not surprisingly, many of you are also from Jersey.
- Patrick Sexton introduced me to my new favorite word €“ kersnuggle, which means to snuggle aggressively. And no, I don’t want to know how Pat came across that word. Not even a little bit.
- And my favorite Twitter of the week goes to Jane Copland, who logged on to Twitter Friday morning to ask one very important question. Hee.
And that wraps up my finds for the week. What’d I miss? You leave a comment, I have some daytime talk shows and 90210 reruns to watch. Huzzah!